Saturday 11 July 2009

Ok, my blog back to normal with a mixed bag.

Ok, so I've reclaimed my blog for me, lol. If you are looking for the challenge you need the forum now.
To begin with I have a couple of pictures to show you that I just had to share. Look carefully at this branch from my apple tree, is this friend or foe? I have never liked spiders much but for some reason this little fella really fascinated me. He had crab like legs and was completely white except for these red stripes on his side.

Here he is again below, making an exit, I think he realised he was being watched. Well, does anyone know anything about this arachnid? Is he native to the UK or did he come over on a trade wind or something?

Now for something that did travel to the UK. Last week I received some lovely pieces of textile from Teresa in Australia. First a very pretty coloured wet felt, the most beautiful blue you can imagine.

Then these fascinating prints from Teresa's native flora. Isn't it amazing and the colours are just so very rich. Teresa has sent these to me as she heard I was making a blanket quilt. I have decided to design something special around these at some point, when I have done so I will show you the finished pieces. Thanks again Teresa.

Right, I will add these to the forum later but just wanted to show what I had produced for this months challenge. The theme is Impressionism. I decided to make enough so that I could cut and make two postcards. One to swap and one to keep. The first one shows the felted picture.

The second below is shown with stitching.

Last but not least the last image shows what I have been working on for a few weeks now. Continuing on from the Art Deco Challenge I am still working on this theme to make a series of brooches. These are not actually taken directly from images but are inspired by those I am studying, I am trying to understand the essence of the era. I am trying to understand why I have always been drawn to this style. I do believe it is because I have a love of geometry; I also feel that the simple stylisation of the period is almost timeless. I feel that it can be brought into everyday use and not feel out of place. The brooches below are very much in progress. I tend to work from one to the other until I feel happy with the image. I hope you like them. Well, I think that's enough for one blog. I'll be back soon. Tricia x








15 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

I love your little postcards. I have never seen a spider like that in the UK before though!

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hello,
Your felted post cards are lovely I just adore felted wool and the wooly brooches look great too.x

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Tricia, It has been to long since i have visited you. How lucky to receive such a lovely gift from T in Australia. Lucky you. Your wool feling is lovely and I especially love your wool felted brooches. I hope you are doing well and having a lovely summer. Hugs Judy

queenopearls said...

The wet felt Teresa sent you is delectable. I can only imagine the colors. The postcards are lovely. Your stitching always makes them look so alive.
How did you come to decide to make brooches? They have such a delicate and colorful elegance.
Thank you for all your photos,
Christina
Cleveland, OH
usa

Tricks said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. It is so good to get such lovely feedback. Cheers Tricia x

t said...

Hi Tricia

Have not been about much lately into blogs.... How are you?

Busy being creative I hope...

xt

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I dream the brief should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

This theme is simply matchless :), it is interesting to me)))

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Nuvofelt said...

Sorry you have been targeted with so many negative comments, it doesn't seem to have happened to anyone else. Not much traffic to or from the other blog on purpose!

Keep writing, though. It's worth it.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that article. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Hilary Hakkinen

Sara lechner said...

thank you for your tip, you make the most lovely things!

Tricks said...

Thank you Sara and thanks to all who leave such lovely comments. Feedback always helps. Cheers Tricia